· Works of art must be contained inside of the glass cases.
· Alterations to the floor, walls, ceilings, benches or other area surrounding the cases cannot be considered.
· Pedestal furniture is available.
· Opening and closing of the cases can only be done by trained City Staff
· Installation and deinstallation will be based on City staff availability and schedule
· There is UV coating on the glass of the display cases.
· The City of Lancaster may be able to help install the work. The Display Cases remain installed for a maximum period of six months.
This Public Art commission is open to all professional artists, or a team thereof. Applicants must be 18 years or older. Artists who have been selected for a previous Station Cases project must wait 18 months before applying again.
Nondiscrimination Clause: The City of Lancaster, PA and the PAAB will select artists without regard to race, color, religious creed, handicap, ancestry, national origin, age or sex.
* a current artist statement and bio
* up to 4 drawings, sketches and/or renderings that will give an understanding of proposed work with a list that describes each image
* a written description of the proposed work.
* 5 - 8 images or video of past work with a list that supports the work images and can include: description, budget, materials, location, and any other relevant project information.
* Itemized list of how you plan to use the honorarium.
* References: Minimum of three.